1.What is a Real-Time System ?
2.What is the difference between Hard and Soft real-time systems ?
3.What is a mission critical system ?
4.What is the important aspect of a real-time system ?
5.Explain the difference between microkernel and macro kernel.
6.Give an example of microkernel.
7.Why paging is used ?
8.Which is the best page replacement algo and Why ?
9. What is software life cycle ?
10. How much time is spent usually in each phases and why ?
11. What is testing ?
12. Which are the different types of testing ?
13. What is a distributed system ?
14. What are the differences between Pascal and C.
15. what is typing and its advantages ?
16. Which are the different computer architectures ?
17. What is the requirement in MIMD ?
18. What is the difference between RISC and CISC processors ?
19. Difference between loosely coupled and tightly coupled systems ?
20. What is an open system ?
21. Which are the different phases in Software life cycle (asked again)
22. Why is analysis and testing phases very important ?
23. Which methodologies are U familiar with ?
24. Have U worked in windows ?
25. what do U mean by event driven ?
26. How do WinMain look like ?
27. How the messages are processed in Windows ?
28. (Queue of events)
29. What are parameters needed to distinguish an event ?
30. Have U done any network programming ?
31. Why networks are layered ?
32. What is the advantage of layers?
33. How many layers are there in OSI ?
34. WHy is it called OSI model ?
35. Are U familiar with network topologies ?
36. Which are the different network toplogies ?
37. example of bus type network.
38. What is the Bandwidth of ethernet ?
39. Explain the advantage and disadvantage of ethernet ?
40. Which is the protocol used in ethernet. (CSMA/CD)
41. Why is it called so ?
42. If all stations tries to communicate at same time, what will happen.
43. What is binary exponential backoff algo ?
44. What is the advantage of Ring network ?
45. Compare it with ethernet.
46. In a real-time system which one do U prefer and why ?
47. What is the basic requirement of a real-time network ?
48. Which one is costly - ethernet of ring networks ?
49. Some questions form OOSD and Digital signal processing.
50. What is inheritance, encapsulation etc