Directions for questions 1-6: Find the correct meaning of the following phrases:-
1. A man of letters
2. A man of straw
3. To be in the air
4. To bite the dust
5. Man of few words
6. Penny wise pound foolish.
7. In a class total 34 students, 16 are have a brother, 15 are have sisters, 9 students don't have either brothers or sisters. Find the number of students
having both brother and sisters.
8. A batsman scored 18 runs in his 18th innings and that makes his average 18. Find his average upto the 17th innings?
9. 6 women can do 75 units of work in 8 days by working 5 hrs/day. In how many days can 4 women do 30 units of work by working 8 hrs/day?
10. The ratio of the length : breadth : height of a cuboid is 5 : 4: 3, and the volume is 7500. What will be its surface area?
11. If the circumference of a circle is 100 units, Then what will the length of the arc described by an angle of 20 degree?
12. 3 Persons started placement papers with a capital of Rs.3000. B invest Rs.600 less than A, C invest Rs.300 less than B. Then what is the share amount
of B in a profit of Rs.886?
Directions for 41-50: Which of the following is the correct spelling for the word.
13. Supercede and Supersede
14. Recommend and Reccomend
15. Superintendent and Superitendant
16. Separate and Seperate
17. Succeed and Suceed
18. Coolly and Cooly
19. Despair and Dispair
20. Ridiculous and Rediculous
21. Indespensible and Indepensable
22. Tranquility or Tranquillity