Virtusa placement Papers
SECTION 1 (Analytical and Logical)
1. 1 2 3 2 5 6 7 8 3 find the next term in the series
2. How can u place 4 coins in 2 lines so that each line should contain 3 coins Ans:I wrote, i it
maynot be possible
3. Find the odd word
4. There was an addition given as follows SATURN + URANUS = PLANETS the solution is not
encoding the entire problem but to find coding for 3 alphabets Ans:Key Steps:
5. There was a set of words given as follows SUN,MER,VEN,---,...........,SAT,---,NEP,PL (I don't
remember exactly but, all are the names of planets in solar system with notation of each planet
using 3 letters)
6. How can u get 81 using the digits 2,3,25,50,75,100 only once using any of the arithmatic
operator Key Steps: 50+(100/75*3)+25+2
7. A man have some three types boxes viz
Huge,Large,Small He took 11 of huge boxes and put on a table.And at random he has taken
some of them and placed 8 large boxes in each of the boxes.And after that he has placed 8
small boxes in some large boxes at random.By the end if he found 102 boxes empty, how
many boxes are there on the table?
8. If u have a large number of Knights and a chess board.The problem is to find the way of
arranging the Knights on the board so that no Knight attacks the other.
9. You are given a bunch of threads each having differing length.No two thereads have same
thickness and no thread has same thickness all its length. But it is certified that any thread when
lit burns itself in exactly 12 mins. The question is you are asked to find an elapsed time of 9
minuites.How can u find it out and how manythreads do u want for this?
SECTION 2 (Writing)
10.The topic to Write was on "Connecting the rivers in India".
You can write the programs in this section using any programing language
11.There was a pyramid given as follows
4 5 6
7 8 9 10
11 12 13 ...
The three dots are given as a part of the specification. The above pyramid is to be printed
when input number 13 is given. Write a program to print the above pyramid.
12.Write a function which returns a substring in the string 'Sigma' (character given)which starts wit
'Alpha' and ends with 'Thita'
13.You have a job in which you have to take time stamps and store them. So Write a datastructure
that can minimize the storage requirements of Year,Month,Date,Hour,Minuite.
14.Write a program to find the four digited numbers, which are perfect squares, and all the digits
in that number are even.