Cognizant placement paper - 10
In a class there are 150 people who speak English and 125 people who speak Hindi. 55 speak
both languages and at least one student speaks one language.
1) How many students speak at least one language? (220)
2) How many people speak only one language? (165)
In a class everyone will play at least one sport viz table tennis, cricket and badminton. 73
students play table tennis, 79 play badminton, 75 play cricket and 25 students play both table
tennis and badminton, 24 play both table tennis and cricket 30 play. Badminton and cricket and
16 students play all the sports.
3) How many students are there in the class (161)
4) How many students play only cricket. (37)
Choose the correct option based on the following statement
5).If Tendulkar plays till end India will win the match
a) Tendulkar plays till end
b) India wins the match
c) Tendulkar falls cheaply
d) India loses d match
A)ab B)ab n cd C)b D)d
6).If X travels without a ticket he will be fined 50 bucks
a) X buys d ticket
b) X w2as not fined
c) X doesn’t buy a ticket
d)x was fined
A)ab B)cd C)ab n cd D)none
7) How many seconds does a minute hand takes to rotate 360 degrees
1) Minute hand revolves round the clock 5 times in a minute
2) Minute hand is 5 times greater that short hand some other questions similar to d above
8) There are 4 cities A,B,C,D. There are 4 Routes 4m A 2 B,3 routes 4m B 2 C, and 2 routes 4m C
2 D. Then in how many different ways can A go 2 D
A) 12 B) 24 C) 32 D) 48
A is the son of B A+B
A is the father of B A-B
A is the brother of B A*B
a) P is the Uncle of R like this 4 options ll b given. U should choose d correct one
A cube is cut into 216 parts. the 2nd 4th n 6th layers of the front face r removed n den painted
black. Now answer d following questions
13) How many cubes r painted on only one side?
14) How many cubes r painted on only 2 sides?
15) How many cubes r painted on only 3 sides?
16) How many cubes r painted on only 4 sides?
17) How many cubes r painted 0 sides?
Data sufficiency questions
C) Only condition 1 is required to solve
D) Only condition 2 is required to solve
e) Both are required
f) Both are not sufficient
18) Find whether X is odd
1)2*X is even
2)x^2 is odd
A) C B) d C) e D) f