Infosys placement paper - 6
1. A motor cyclist participant of a race says "We drove with the speed of 10 miles an hour one way, but while returning because of less traffic we drove on
the same route with 15 miles per hour." What was their average speed in the whole journey?
Ans: 12 miles per hour
2. Given following sequence, find the next term in the series:
(i) 0, 2, 4, 6, 8, 12, 12, 20, 16, ____ Ans: 12
(ii) 3, 6, 13, 26, 33, 66, ___ Ans: 53
3. Three customers want haircut and a shave. In a saloon, two barbers operate at same speed. They take quarter of an hour for the haircut and 5 mins for
the shave. How quickly can they finish the haircut and shave of these three customers?
Ans: 30 minutes
4. A shopkeeper likes to arrange and rearrange his collection of stamps. He arranges them sometimes in pair, sometimes in bundle of three, sometimes in
bundle of fours, occasionally in bundle of fives and sixes. Every time he's left with one stamp in hand after arrangement in bundles. But if he arranges in
the bundle of seven, he's not left with any stamp. How many stamps does a shopkeeper have?
5. Three different types of objects in a bucket. How many times does one need to select object from the bucket to get atleast 3 objects of the same type?
6. A stamp collector has the habit to arrange or rearrange the stamps accordingly. while doing this he some times keeps the stamps in pairs, or in group of
3 or in 4 or in or in 6 and realises that in any case he is left with 1 stamp and when he arranges them in groups of 7 no stamps remain. what is the number
of stamps he has?
7. amy while walkin down the street with her daughter, meets her husband's mother's only duaghter in law's sister's husband. how is the related to her?
8. there are 3 custoners who wants to take a hair cut and shave. there are 2 barbers who takes one quarter of an hour for a hair cut, and 5 minutes for a
shave. both the barbers want to finish off and go quickly to their homes. in what time can do it.
9. we travelled to a place at the rate of 10 miles per hour and offcourse returned the same way, but owing to less traffic at the rate of 15 miles per
hour.what was our relative speed.
10. A women with dollar bills goto the shopping he spent half of the money she had for shopping as she was so kind she gave one dollar to the beggar.she
went to the hotel and spent half of the remaning and she gave 2 dollars to the waiter,the she buy some goods with half of the remaining and she gave 3
dollars to the receptionist. how much money she had in the begining?
come in the reverse order 1+3=4and twice of it 8+2=10 and twice of it 20+1=21 and twice of it 42.
11 .A conducter in the bus ask the man how old the boy is.the man replied that my son is five times older than my daughter and my wife is five times older
than my son and i am twice older to my wife and our ages summed upto my granmother whose age is 81 years.can u tell me the son age?
ans: 5 years
x=1 therefore son age is 5 years old
12. find out who is oldest and who is youngest from the following statements...
a)either A or B r the oldest
b)either C is the oldest or B is the youngest.
ans: A is the oldest and B is the Youngest
13. one boy tells three ppl to guess mule color..
number one says its not blk
number two says its eiterh brown or grey
number 3 says its brown.
..the boy then says one is atleast lying ans atleast telling truth...finf mule color
14. 2 men take turns walking and riding one horse that they share...walking speed
4km/hr..riding speed 12km/hr..one rides for some time and ties horse for the other walking fellow and continues walking......they keep going on like this
alternately ..find time that the horse rests
15. 7 ppl have holidays on 7 diff days...and they give conditions like A's hol is 3 days before B etc etc...we have to find the days on which they take
holiday 5.6 subjects 3 ppl teach 2 each...some crazy conditions and we gotta find the subject for each..i cant really recall clearly so why confuse u guys
16. A Lady (say L) is a philanthropist. she goes to a restaurent, orders food and pays half the amount she has and another doller to a waiter as tip. she
then goes to a mall, does some purchases and pays half the amount left and another 2 dollers to a begger outside. At last she goes to a book store, takes
some books and pays half the amount left and another 3 dollers to a begger outside. she then checks that she only had a doller left to her. How much money
she had initially?
ANs. 42 $
18. Three couples are playing golf together. The men are E, B & T while women are M G & H. they play 8 rounds. M, G, H & E score 106, 102, 100,
94 respectively. while B & T scored either 96 or 98 as it was unresolved due to error at scoreboard. When finally resolved they found that two of the
couples scored same. It is given that- E's wife scored greater than B's wife. Who's whose wife & how much the men scored each?
19. A lady buys some plates in 130$ with 2$ off every item. she then returns the plates for the same amount next day to exchange them for some cups &
saucers. Each saucer costs only 3$ each and the no. of saucers is 10 more than cups. Altogether she takes 16 more items than before. If she had to buy only
cups, how many of them she could have been taken home on the first day?
20. Impressed by admiration of the boy by stranger, the father said "My son is five times as old as my daughter and my wife is five times as old as my son.
I'm double the age of my wife and my grandmother is as old as the sum of ages of all of us and she is celebrating her 81st birthday." what is the age of
ANS. 5 yrs
Directions 21-24 :The table below shows the number of people who responded to a survey about their favorite style of music. Use this information to answer
the following questions to the nearest whole percentage.
21. What percentage of respondents under 31 , indicated that blues in their favorite style?
22. What percentage of respondents aged 21-30 indicated that jazz is their favorite style?
A. 64 %
23. What percentage of the total sample indicated that Jazz is heir favorite style of music?
A. 6 %
24. What percentage of the total sample were aged 21-30?
A. 31 %
25. Lucia is a wonderful grandmother. Her age is between 50 and 70.Each of her sons have as many sons as they have brothers. Their combined number gives
Lucia?s age. What is the age?