Infosys placement paper - 1
1. A boy asks his father, “what is the age of grandfather?". Father replied " He is x years old in x^2 years", and also said, "we are talking about 20th
century". What is the year of birth of grandfather?
2. A boy travels in a scooter after covering 2/3rd of the distance the wheel got punctured he covered the remaining distance by walk. Walking time is twice
that of the time the boy’s riding time. How many times the riding speed as that of the walking speed?
Ans: 4 times.
3. In a Knockout tournament 51 teams are participated, every team thrown out of the tournament if they lost twice. How many matches to be held to choose
Ans: 101 matches
4. A man sold 2 pens. Initial cost of each pen was Rs. 12. If he sell it together one at 25% profit and another 20% loss. Find the amount of loss or gain,
if he sells them separately.
Ans: 60 Paise gain
5. The Novice hockey tournaments are on for beginners. Just three teams are in the league, and each plays the other two teams just once. Only part of the
information appears in the result chart, which is given below.
The scoring pattern in the tournament is as follows:
Two points are awarded to the winning team. In case of a tie, both teams are awarded one point, so the total points in the standings should always equal
the total number of games played (since each game played is counted as one for each of the two participating teams)
Of course, total goals scored for and goals scored against must be the same, since every goal scored for one team is scored against another.
The games are played in the following order: Game 1: A Vs B; Game 2: A Vs C; Game B Vs C
Can you determine the score of each of the above games ?
Ans: A – B = 0-1.
A – C = 0-0.
B – C = 0-2.
6. A recent murder case centered around the six men, clam, flip, gront, herm, mast, and Walt. In one order or another man were the victim, the murderer,
the witness, the police, the judge, and the hangman. The facts of the case were simple. The victim had died instantly
from the effect of gunshot wound inflicted a shot. After a lengthy trial the murderer was convicted, sentenced to death, and hanged. Mast knew both the
victim and the murderer. In court the judge asked clam his account of the shooting.Walt was the last of the six to see flip alive.
The police testified that he picked up gront near the place where the body was found.Herm and Walt never met.
What role did each of the following play in this melodrama?
Murderer – Flip
Victim - Herm
Judge - Mast
Witness - Gront
7. Jim, Bud and Sam were rounded up by the police yesterday because one of them as suspected of having robbed the local bank. The three suspects made the
following statements under intensive questioning.
Jim: I'm innocent
Bud: I'm innocent
Sam: Bud is the guilty one.
If only one of the statements turned out to be true, who robbed the bank?
8. There are two containers on a table. A and B. A is half full of wine, while B, which is twice A's size, is one quarter full of wine. Both containers are
filled with water and the contents are poured into a third container C. What portion of container C's mixture is wine?