1) Mrs. Watsherface had a garage sale. A customer named Gina bought an old lamp and a rug. She paid a total of $5.25 for everything. The rug cost 25 cents
more than the lamp. How much did each cost?
Answer: The lamp cost $ 2.50 and the rug cost $ 2.75
2) SlowRun Express runs between Bangalore and Mumbai, For the up as well as the down journey, the train leaves the starting station at 10:00 PM everyday
and reaches the destination at 11:30 PM after three days.Mr. Haani once travelled by SlowRun Express from Mumbai to Bangalore. How many SlowRun Express did
he cross during his journey?
Answer: Mr. Haani crossed 7 SlowRun Expresses during his journey.
3) In a certain year, the number of girls who graduated from City High School was twice the number of boys. If 3/4 of the girls and 5/6 of the boys went to
college immediately after graduation, what fraction of the graduates that year went to college immediately after graduation?
Answer: Assume that number of boys graduated from City High School = B
Therefore, number of girls graduated from City High School = 2*B
It is given that 3/4 of the girls and 5/6 of the boys went to college immediately
Hence, total students went to college
= (3/4)(2*B) + (5/6)(B)
Fraction of the graduates that year went to college immediately after graduation
= [(7/3)B] / [3*B]
Therefore, the answer is 7/9
4) A mule and a donkey were carrying full sacks on their backs.The mule started complaining that his load was too heavy. The donkey said to him "Why are
you complaining? If you gave me one of your sacks I'd have double what you have and if I give you one of my sacks we'd have an even amount."How many sacks
were each of them carrying? Give the minimal possible answer.
Answer: The mule was carrying 5 sacks and the donkey was carrying 7 sacks.
5) Two people enter a race in whick you run to a point and back. Person A runs 20 mph to and from the point. Person B runs to the point going 10 mph and 30
mph going back. Who came in first?
Answer: Person A came in first.
6) Mark ate half of a pizza on Monday. He ate half of what was left on Tuesday and so on. He followed this pattern for one week. How much of the pizza
would he have eaten during the week?
Answer: Mark would have ate 127/128 (99.22%) of the pizza during the week.
7) In the General meeting of "Friends Club", Sameer said, "The repairs to the Club will come to a total of Rs 3120 and I propose that this amount should be
met by the members, each paying an equal amount." The proposal was immediately agreed. However, four members of the Club chose to resign, leaving the
remaining members to pay an extra Rs 26 each.How many members did the Club originally have?
Answer: The Club originally had 24 members.
8) If you look at a clock and the time is 3:15.What is the angle between the hour and the minute hands? ( The answer to this is not zero!)
Answer: 7.5 degrees
Logical and Analytical Reasoning Ability:
ForQuestion 1-5 : Six actors " Bob, Carol, Dave. Ed, Frank, and Grace "are auditioning for a part in an off-Broadway play. The auditions for apart in
an off-Broadway play. The auditions will take place over fourconsecutive days, starting on a Thursday. Each actor will have oneaudition. The days on
which the different actors will audition mustconform to the following conditions :
At least one audition will take place on any day.
No more than two auditions will take place on any day
No more than 3 auditions will take place on any two consecutive days
Bob's audition must take place on Saturday
Carol's audition must take place on the same day as another audition
Frank's audition must take place on a day before grace's audition
Dave's audition must take place on a day after Ed's audition
1. if only one audition takes place on Thursday, which actor could have that audition
2. If Bob's and frank's auditions are on the same day, which of the following must be true
a. Dave's audition will take place on Thursday
b. Dave's audition will take place on Friday
c. Grace's audition will take place on Thursday
d. Carol's audition will take place on Sunday
e. Ed's audition will take place on Sunday
3. Ifthe director decides to two hold the auditions on Thursday and two onSunday, how many actors would be eligible to audition on Friday
4. If Ed and Grace have their auditions on the same day, which of the following must be true?
a. Ed's audition will take place on Thursday
b. Frank's audition will take place on Thursday
c. Carol's audition will take place on Saturday
d. Grace's audition will take place on Saturday
e. Carol's audition will take place on Sunday
5. If Ed's audition is on Saturday, which of the following actors cannot audition on the same day as any other actor?
ForQuestion 6-9 : As part of their sports physicals, seven collegiateathletes " F, G, H, I, J, K & L " are being weighed. In announcingthe results
of the physical exams, the coach has given the followinginformation:
None of the athletes is exactly the same weight as another athlete
K is heavier than L, but lighter than H
I is heavier than J
Both F and G are heavier than H.
6. Each of the following could be true EXCEPT
a. F is the heaviest
b. G is the heaviest
c. I is the heaviest
d. More than three athletes are heavier than K
e. More than three athletes are lighter than K
7. Which of the following, if true, would be sufficient to determine which athlete is the lightest?
a. I is the heaviest
b. I is lighter than K
c. K is heavier than J
d. J is heavier than K
e. Exactly five students are lighter than F
8. If J is heavier than F, how many different rankings, by weight, of the athletes are possible?
9. If H is heavier than I, which of the following CANNOT be true?
a. I's weight is equal to the average of F's weight and G's weight
b. I's weight is equal to the average of K's weight and L's weight
c. J's weight is equal to the average of K's weight and L's weight
d. J is the second lightest
e. J is the lightest