1. A millionaire bought a job lot of hats 1/4 of which were brown. The millionaire sold 2/3 of the hats including 4/5 of the brown hats. What fraction of
the unsold hats were brown.
(A) 1/60 (B) 1/15 (C) 3/20 (D) 3/5 (E) 3/4
Ans : c) 3/20
2. A merchant sells an item at a 20 percent discount. but still makes a gross profit of 20 percent of the cost. What percent of cost would be gross profit
on the item have been if it had been sold without the discount?
(A) 20% (B) 40% (C) 50% (D) 60% (E) 66.6%
Ans : c) 50%
3. How many integers n greater than and less than 100 are there such that, if the digits of n are reversed, the resulting integer is n+9 ?
(A)5 (B)6 (C)7 (D)8 (E)9
4. An investor purchased a shares of stock at a certain price. If the stock increased in price Rs 0.25 per share and the total increase for the x shares
was Rs 12.50, how many shares of stock had been purchased ?
(A) 25 (B) 50 (C) 75 (D) 100 (E) 125
Answer : B) 50
5. At a special sale, 5 tickets can be purchased for the price of 3 tickets. If 5 tickets are purchased at the sale, the amount saved will be what percent
of the original price of the 5 tickets?
(A) 20% (B) 33.3% (C) 40% (D) 60% (E) 66.6%
Ans : c)40%
6. Working independently, Tina can do a certain job in 12 hours. Working independently, Ann can do the same job in 9 hours. If Tina works independently at
the job for 8 hours and then Ann works independently, how many hours will it take Ann to complete the remainder of the jobs?
(A) 2/3 (B) 3/4 (C) 1 (D) 2 (E) 3
Ans : E)3
7. A decorator bought a bolt of d m number of red chips in any one stack ?
(A) 7 (B) 6 (C) 5 (D) 4 (E) 3
Ans : C) 5