1. How many of the integers between 25 and 45 are even ?
(A) 21 (B) 20 (C) 11 (D) 10 (E) 9
2. If taxi fares were Rs 1.00 for the first 1/5 mile and Rs 0.20 for each 1/5 miles thereafter. The taxi fare for a 3-mile ride was
(A) Rs 1.56 (B) Rs 2.40 (C) Rs 3.00 (D) Rs 3.80 (E) Rs 4.20
Answer :d)Rs 3.80
3. A computer routine was developed to generate two numbers (x,y) the first being a random number between 0 and 100 inclusive, and the second being less
than or equal to the square root of the first. Each of the following pair satisfies the routine EXCEPT
(A) (99.10) (B) (85.9) (C) (50.7) (D) (1.1) (E) (1.0)
Answer : A) (99.10)
4. A warehouse had a square floor with area 10,000 sq.meters. A rectangular addition was built along one entire side of the warehouse that increased the
floor by one-half as much as the original floor. How many meters did the addition extend beyond the original buildings ?
(A) 10 (B) 20 (C) 50 (D) 200 (E) 500
5. A digital wristwatch was set accurately at 8.30 a.m and then lost 2 seconds every 5 minutes. What time was indicated on the watch at 6.30 p.m of the
same day if the watch operated continuously that time ?
(A) 5:56 (B) 5:58 (C) 6.00 (D) 6.23 (E) 6.26
Ans : E) 6.26
6. A 5 litre jug contains 4 litres of a salt water solution that is 15 percent salt. If 1.5 litres of the solution spills out of the jug, and the jug is
then filled to capacity with water, approximately what percent of the resulting solution in the jug is salt?
(A) 7.5% (B) 9.5% (C) 10.5% (D) 12% (E) 15%
Ans : A) 7.5%
7. A plane travelled K miles in the first 96 miles of flight time. If it completed the remaining 300 miles of the trip in 1 minute, what was its average
speed in miles per hour for the entire trip ?
Ans 300+k)/97 * 60
8. A merchant sells an item at a 20 percent discount. but still makes a gross profit of 20 percent of the cost. What percent of cost would be gross profit
on the item have been if it had been sold without the discount?
(A) 20% (B) 40% (C) 50% (D) 60% (E) 66.6%
Ansr :c) 50%
10. How many integers n greater than and less than 100 are there such that,if the digits of n are reversed, the resulting integer is n+9 ?
(A) 5 (B) 6 (C) 7 (D) 8 (E) 9
Ans : (D) 8
10. A millionaire bought a job lot of hats 1/4 of which were brown. The millionaire sold 2/3 of the hats including 4/5 of the brown hats. What fraction of
the unsold hats were brown.
(A)1/60 (B)1/15 (C)3/20 (D)3/5 (E)3/4
11. An investor purchased a shares of stock at a certain price.If the stock increased in price Rs 0.25 per share and the total increase for the x shares
was Rs 12.50, how many shares of stock had been purchased ?
(A) 25 (B) 50 (C) 75 (D) 100 (E) 125
12 At a special sale, 5 tickets can be purchased for the price of 3 tickets. If 5 tickets are purchased at the sale, the amount saved will be What percent
of the original price of the 5 tickets?
(A) 20% (B) 33.3% (C) 40% (D) 60% (E) 66.6%
Ans : c)40%
13. Working independently, Tina can do a certain job in 12 hours. Working independently, Ann can do the same job in 9 hours. If Tina Works independently at
the job for 8 hours and then Ann works independently, how many hours will it take Ann to complete the remainder of the jobs?
(A) 2/3 (B) 3/4 (C) 1 (D) 2 (E) 3
14. A sink has 12 liters of water some quantity of water is taken out. if the remainng water is 6 litres less then the water taken out then quantity of
water taken out is.
a. 3 b. 6 c. 9 d. 1
15. A decorator bought a bolt of d m number of red chips in any one stack ?
(A) 7 (B) 6 (C) 5 (D) 4 (E) 3
Ans: C) 5
16. which is the 4 digit number whose second digit is thrice the first digit and 3'rd digit is sum of 1st and 2'nd and last digit is twice the second
1. 2674 2. 1349 3. 3343 4. 3678
17. In a straight highway 2 cars starts from the same point in opposite directions each travels for 8 Kms and take left turn then travel for 6 Kms what is
the distance between them now.
1. 16 2. 20 3. 25 4. 10