Technical Screening Assessment
1) How many devices can work on a single IDE channel?
2) ISDN uses --- technology
a. only digital
b. digital and analog
c. only analog
d. neither digital nor analog
3) If a computer's BIOS allow, you can boot from a CD-ROM
4) CD-ROMs typically hold --- of data
5) Firmware refers to What component?
a. hard drives
b. floppy drives
6) Your CD-ROM audio cable connects to the:
b. sound card
c. hard drive
7) Conventional memory is the first ---k?
8) What is the easiest way to make a bootable floppy disk?
a. buy one
b. using the sys c:a:/bootup command
c. start/settings/control panel/ system/ make start up disk
9) scan disk checks and fixes ---
a. tape drives
b. hard drives
c. CD ROM drives
d. DVD ROM drives
10) A user complains that When opening email attachments, the attachments disappear or cause an application error. What could cause this problem?
a. a possible virus
b. an incorrect setting in config.sys
c. autoexec.bat loading improperly
d. an incorrectly installed e-mail program
11) What is the purpose of a driver?
a. tells the OS How to interact with the device
b. improves the performance of installed devices by optimizing access patterns
c. provides more useful memory by moving device control data to extended memory
d. modifies application programs to work correctly with devices attached to a system
12) your modern will not detect a dial tone. What is the most two likely cause?
a. phone line may be defective
b. modem is set for tone dial
c. the ISP is down
d. the modem is set to disable call waiting
13) which of the following is the newest type of connector for a printer interface?
14) On a system with one hard drive and one CD-ROM What is the typical placement of the CD-ROM drive?
a. Slave drive on the primary IDE channel
b. Master drive on the primary IDE channel
c. Slave drive on the secondary IDE channel
d. Master drive on the secondary IDE channel
15)which device connects to a parallel port?
16) What command will restore a backup copy of the registry from DOS?
17) which utility is used to partition a new hard drive in windows 98?
c. Partition Manager
d. Windows Explorer
18) Which of the following conversions is possible in windows 98?
a. FAT 16 to NTFS
b. FAT 32 to FAT 16
c. Fat 16 to Fat32 and Fat32 to Fat 16
d. Fat 16 to Fat 32 but not Fat 32 to Fat 16
19) You have replaced the CMOS battery. What must you do next?
b. Reinstall the OS
c. Set the date and time
d. Format the hard drive
20) The first physical sector in any bootable hard disk contains which of the following?
a. File Structure
b. Data structure
21) What must an IDE hard drive have in order for an AGP slot?
a. Active partition
b. Passive partition
c. Dynamic partition
d. Extended partition Associated entries in the FAT are removed.
22) Which of the following device is designed for an AGP slot?
b. Serial Port
c. Video card
d. External Storage Device
23) What has occurred When HDD fails, making a grinding noise?
a. controller failure
b. the read/ Write head is in contact with the platter
c. hard drive is in power save
d. hard drive is in labor
24) which type of connector is used by analog modems?
25) From which control panel option in Windows 95 can you create a startup disk?
c. add/remove programs
26) Your customer has bought a second hard disk and added it an existing computer. The first hard disk is having one primary partition and extended
partition. The extended partition is divided into two logical drivers D and E. When you install the second hard drive and format it, What would be the
drive letter assigned to the first logical drive on the extended partition of hard disk? Assume that the second hard disk has one primary partition and
only one logical drive on the extended partition.
27) Which port can the keyboard be connected to?
a. parallel port
b. VGA port
d. IEEE 1394
28) You get a CMOS checksum error upon boot. What is the most likely cause?
a. power supply failure
b. BIOS need to be updated
c. CMOS battery is nearing end of life
d. HDD types are incorrectly defined
29) You rare reported that the monitor at a client's place is having a problem. You are about to remove the CPU tower to trouble shoot the issue. What do
you do just before opening the CPU tower?
a. wear wrist strap to prevent ESD damage to the monitor
b. Make sure that the power is switched off and the power cord is plugged out.
c. Make sure that the ESD is grounded properly
d. Connect the monitor as well as the wrist strap to the ground.
30) Which of the following files is NOT required for DOS to boot?