Written Questions - Mu-Sigma
1. A bacterium doubles in a day. A bacterium is kept in a container. After 10 days, the container is
completely filled with bacteria. How much time will it take to half fill the container?
2. A train 240 m long passes a pole in 24 seconds. How long will it take to pass a platform 650 m
3. A boatman goes 2 km against the current of the stream in 1 hour and goes 1 km along the current
in 10 minutes. How long will it take to go 5 km in stationary water?
4. Two pipes can fill a tank in 20 and 24 minutes respectively and a waste pipe can empty 3 gallons
per minute. All the three pipes working together can fill the tank in 15 minutes. The capacity of
the tank is:?
5. Find the odd man out. 1, 4, 9, 16, 23, 25, 36, ?
6. Four cities are connected by a road network as shown. In how many ways, can you start from any
city and come back to it without travelling on the same road more than once?
Directions for the below question 7 and 8:
A, B and C are three numbers. Let
@(A,B) = Average of A and B
*(A,B) = Product of A and B
/(A,B) = A divided by B
7. If A=2 and B=4, the value of @(/(*(A,B),B),A) would be?
8. Sum of A and B is given by:
9. If A’s income is 25% less than B’s, by what percentage is B’s income greater than that of A?
Directions for the questions 10 & 11.
For more papers, check: www.prembaranwal.com Page 2
Kya-Kya is an island in the south pacific .The inhabitants of Kya-Kya always Answer any question with
two sentences, one of which is always true and other is always false.
10 You are walking on a road and come to a fork. You ask the inhabitants Ram, Laxman, Lila,” Which
road will take me to the village?”
Ram says, ”I never speak to strangers. I am new to this place”
Laxman says,” I am married to Lila. Take the left road”.
Lila says,” I am married to ram. He is not new to this place”
Which of the following is true?
A) Left road takes you to the village
B) Right road takes you to the village
C) Lila is married to laxman
D) None of above
Ram said he never talked to strangers, but he spoke to a stranger, this meAns that this statement is false,
hence his other statement must be true, hence the second statement of Lila is false, hence her first
statement is true that is she is married to ram, hence the first statement of Laxman is false, hence his
second statement is true, that is take the left road.
11. You find that your boat is stolen.You question three inhabitants of the island and they reply as
John says,”I didn't do it. Mathew didn't do it”
Matthew says,”I didn't do it. Krishna didn't do it.”
Krishna says,”I didn't do it .I don't know who did it.”
Who stole your boat?
D) None of them.
12. A puts a share of 1/3, B puts a share of 1/2, and the remaining share is put by C to start a business.
Total profit is Rs4800. What is the share of A?
13. If 105 is represented as 253 in base 6, then how is 253 represented in base 6?
14. What is the remainder of (3682*3684*3686) divided by 19?
15. Mr loyd wants to fence his square shaped land of 120sqft each side. If a pole is laid every 12ft then `
how many poles do he need?
16. The cost of 5 chairs and 3 mugs is Rs1900 and the cost of 8 chairs and 5 mugs is Rs2900. What will
be the cost of 5 chairs and 8 mugs?
17. There is a 200 miles long tunnel. One train enters the tunnel at a speed of 200mph while the other
train enter the tunnel in the opposite direction at a speed of 1000mph. A bee travels at a speed of
1500mph enters the tunnel goes to and back until it reaches the train. What is the distance covered by the
bee when the two train collides(the bee survives).
For more papers, check: www.prembaranwal.com Page 3
18. If 9x-3y=12 and 3x-5y=7 then 6x-2y=?
19. There are 200 questions on a 3 hr examination.Among these questions are 50 mathematics problems.It
is suggested that twice as much time be spent on each maths problem as for each other question.How
many minutes should be spent on mathematics problems?
20. Complete the series: 0, 7, 26, 63, 124, ?
Few technical questions asked in musigma:
21. Find the output of following code:
22. In which layer encryption and decryption is done?
23. What are the advantages of views?
24. How do you find the port number of the remote host?
25. How do you find the machine MAC address?
26. What does the hexanumber E78 in radix 7?