Round 1: written test(40 Questions, 1 hour, no negative mark).
The written test is divided into 4 sections:
1. Analytical ability (10 Questions).
2. Quantitative aptitude (10 Questions).
3. Verbal ability (10 Questions).
4. Technical (10 Questions).
1. It was sunday on jan 1, 2006. What was the day of the week jan 1, 2010?
A. Sunday b. Saturday.
C. Friday d. Wednesday.
2. An accurate clock shows 8 o'clock in the morning. Through how many degrees will the hour hand rotate when the clock shows 2 o'clock in the afternoon?
A. 144 b. 150
c. 168 d. 180
3. Spotting errors.
A. An indian ship
b. Laden with merchandise
c. Got drowned in the pacific ocean.
D. No error.
4. (solve as per the direction given above)
a. If i had known b. This yesterday
c. I will have helped him. D. No error.
5. The miser gazed at the pile of gold coins in front of him.
A. Avidly b. Admiringly
c. Thoughtfully d. Earnestly
6. It has been established that
p: einstein was
q: although a great scientist
r: weak in arithmetic
s: right from his school days
the proper sequence should be:
a. Srpq b. Qprs
c. Qpsr d. Rqps
7. To drive home
a. To find one's roots b. To return to place of rest
c. Back to original position d. To emphasise
8. Diva: opera
a. Producer: theatre b. Director: drama
c. Conductor: bus d. Thespian: play
9. Find out which of the figures (1), (2), (3) and (4) can be formed from the pieces given in figure (x).
A. 1 b. 2
c. 3 d. 4