. The population of a city increases @ 4% p.a. There is an additional annual increase of 4% of the population due to the influx of job seekers, find the %
increase in population after 2 years ?
2. The ratio of the number of boys and girls in a school is 3:2 Out of these 10% the boys and 25% of girls are scholarship holders. % of students who are
not scholarship holders.?
3. 15 men take 21 days of 8 hrs. each to do a piece of work. How many days of 6 hrs.each would it take for 21 women if 3 women do as much work as 2 men?
4. A cylinder is 6 cms in diameter and 6 cms in height. If spheres of the same size are made from the material obtained, what is the diameter of each
a. 5 cms
b. 2 cms
c. 3 cms
d. 4 cms
5. A rectangular plank 2 1/2 meters wide can be placed so that it is on either side of the diagonal of a square shown below.
Figure is not available. What is the area of the plank?
6. What is the smallest number by which 2880 must be divided in order to make it into a perfect square ?
7. A father is 30 years older than his son however he will be only thrice as old as the son after 5 years what is father's present age ?
a. 40 yrs
b. 30 yrs
c. 50 yrs
d. none of these
8. An article sold at a profit of 20% if both the cost price and selling price would be Rs.20/- the profit would be 10% more. What is the cost price of
9. If an item costs Rs.3 in '99 and Rs.203 in '00.What is the % increase in price?
a. 200/3 %
b. 200/6 %
d. none of these
10. 5 men or 8 women do equal amount of work in a day. a job requires 3 men and 5 women to finish the job in 10 days how many woman are required to finish
the job in 14 days.
a. 10 b. 7 c. 6 d. 12
11. A simple interest amount of rs 5000 for six month is rs 200. what is the anual rate of interest?
a. 10% b. 6% c. 8% d. 9%
12. In objective test a correct ans score 4 marks and on a wrong ans 2 marks are ---. a student score 480 marks from 150 question. how many ans were
a. 120 b. 130 c. 110 d. 150
13. An article sold at amount of 50% the net sale price is rs 425 .what is the list price of the artical?
a. 500 b. 488 c. 480 d. 510
Ans . a
14. A man leaves office daily at 7pm A driver with car comes from his home to pick him from office and bring back home.One day he gets free at 5:30 and
instead of waiting for driver he starts walking towards home. In the way he meets the car and returns home on car He reaches home 20 minutes earlier than
usual. In how much time does the man reach home usually??
Ans. 1hr 20min.
15. A works thrice as much as B. If A takes 60 days less than B to do a work then find the number of days it would take to complete the work if both work
16. In a digital circuit which was to implement (A B) + (A)XOR(B), the designer implements (A B) (A)XOR(B) What is the probability of error in it ?
17. A boy has Rs 2. He wins or loses Re 1 at a time If he wins he gets Re 1 and if he loses the game he loses Re 1.He can loose only 5 times. He is out of
the game if he earns Rs 5.Find the number of ways in which this is possible?
18. If there are 1024*1280 pixels on a screen and each pixel can have around 16 million colors. Find the memory required for this?
19. On a particular day A and B decide that they would either speak the truth or will lie. C asks A whether he is speaking truth or lying? He answers and B
listens to what he said. C then asks B what A has said B says "A says that he is a liar" What is B speaking ?
c. Truth when A lies
d. Cannot be determined
20. A student gets 70% in one subject, 80% in the other. To get an overall of 75% how much should get in third subject.
21. A man shows his friend a woman sitting in a park and says that she the daughter of my grandmother's only son.What is the relation between the two?
22. How many squares with sides 1/2 inch long are needed to cover a rectangle that is 4 ft long and 6 ft wide
23. If a=2/3b , b=2/3c, and c=2/3d what part of d is b/
24. 2598Successive discounts of 20% and 15% are equal to a single discount of
25. The petrol tank of an auto mobile can hold g litres.If a litres was removed when the tank was full, what part of the full tank was removed?